Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Soup

Like any good poor person, I make soup. I'm not that evangelical about, in the way that some frugal bloggers seem to be, but I like soup and it's cheap, so I'll make some every now and again.

I bought a pack of soup mix veg for 13p, and it's got carrots, swede, onions, potatoes and parsley in it. Chucked it in a pan with 125g of yellow split peas (14p), a paprika stockpot (13p from approved foods a while ago). Cover with 2 litres of water, bring to the boil, simmer til the split peas are tender. Normally I'd blitz a soup in the blender, but as I've only got one working electrical socket in the kitchen I'm leaving the soup chunky. Got 5 portions out of it, so each bowl of soup costs 8p.

Tastes acceptable, but at that price there's no complaints from anyone. They know better than to risk objecting to whatever food is put in front of them. No photos, cause it's not a particularly pretty looking soup.

Another no spend today, so that's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment