Sunday, August 28, 2016

YS Rampage!

Whenever I have access to Grandad Badger's car, I like to go to my nearest big Tescos just when they're doing the end of day reductions and pick up the yellow stickered gubbins. Today I had the car and no food, so at 3:30pm me and the girl hit up the aisles.

We bought loads of salady bits, masses of sandwich meat, 6 pizza bases, loads of bread, a few desserts, some gluten free bagels all reduced to 90% off the original price. I also picked up a few essentials at full price and paid £17.54 for the lot. If we'd paid full price it would have been £81.42. Obviously I wouldn't buy this kind of stuff normally (A quid for a pot of cauliflower couscous? I don't bloody think so), but it makes meal planning more fun and helps ring the changes. So for tonight's tea I had 2 stuffed peppers (23p) and some salad leaves (3p) and a pack of cherry tomatoes (7p). The girl had half a pack of cooked chicken (10p) in a giant bap (free, donated to us by Gdawg Badger). Afters was a chocolate pot for me (2p), the girl had a strawberry sundae (10p)



So my tea cost 35p and the girl's was 20p.

Today's total spend £17.54

No comments:

Post a Comment