Friday, September 2, 2016

Free food

When I was first diagnosed coeliac I was given a load of info about dietary restrictions, requirements and nutrition. Included in the gubbins was info about how to claim free gluten free products. I dug the leaflets out a few days ago, filled in my details and got my first free box of stuff today!



The idea is that having tried the various products, you can then request those you need/want/like on prescription. I've worked out that it's probably not worth me getting anything on prescription as I have to pay for mine (and the system for getting GF stuff is a tad complicated), but that's no reason not to claim the freebies.

In the box there is:

Box of all purpose flour
Box of high fibre flour
Box of fusilli
2 x pizza bases
Loaf of seeded bread
Loaf of high fibre bread
Tiny bag of cornflakes
Box of fibre flakes
4 pack of part baked high fibre rolls

Seems there is a belief that coeliacs need extra fibre.



Spends today were 95p on milk.

September spending totals so far:

Food, cleaning products, toiletries - £0.95
Entertainment - £0
Dog - £82.63
Transport - £10

No comments:

Post a Comment