Saturday, September 3, 2016

Shepherdess Pie

Today I have been cooking, which is something I do like doing and when I've not got much money I actually like it more, as it feels more of a challenge.

Today I've made shepherdess pie, which is vegan. My prices are low due to most stuff being bought reduced price or having it donated from a chum with an allotment (thanks Fran!)

2 sticks celery - 2p
1 red onion - free
1 large carrot - 5p
1 pepper (I used 3 left over bits of red, yellow and green) - free
150g red lentils - 35p
1 can value chopped tomatoes - 31p
Paprika flavour pot - 13p
Drizzle olive oil - 5p
750g potatoes - 30p

Total cost: £1.21

Dice the veggies and soften them in olive oil, chuck in lentils, tomatoes, paprika thingummy and add boiling water. Cook til the lentils are done. At the same time boil the taters, mash them and wait til the lentils are done. Assemble the pies, chuck them in the freezer and feel smug that you've made 6 portions at 21p each.

No pixtures, as it was too dark to get any decent ones.

Didn't spend anything today.

September spending totals so far:

Food, cleaning products, toiletries - £0.95
Entertainment - £0
Dog - £82.63
Transport - £10


No comments:

Post a Comment